Featured Team Profiles
“Inspiration often comes from the collaborative nature of our work.”
Some of our featured jobs
7digital is a b2b digital music solutions company. We work with clients and partners to transform the listening experience for music fans like you, around the world. Our digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, automotive systems, retailers, broadcasters and record labels. Alongside great technology, we offer global music rights, award-winning radio production services, and content management expertise, making us a leading global partner in the digital music industry.
We’re working at significant scale – our service-oriented API Platform is handling billions of requests per month and growing quickly. You’ll be joining an enthusiastic team who enjoy what they do. Things like Pair Programming, TDD/BDD, Refactoring, and Continuous Delivery are deeply embedded and we’re constantly striving to improve the way we work. We know typing is not the bottleneck, so there are plenty of other things going on:
- You can take part in regular weekly sessions sharing ideas, doing Katas/Dojos and discussing practices and technologies.
- You will get up to two days “innovation time” a month to investigate new technologies or product ideas.
- You can attend conferences and community events, both as a participant or contributor - we’ve presented/run sessions at XP2016, QCon, SPA, Strata + Hadoop World, Agile Cambridge, Agile Manchester, APIdays, XPDay, Agile on the Beach and many others.
- You can help us host our own popular community event – Devs in the ‘ditch
- We hold frequent retrospectives on how we can improve the way we work.
However, we’re not perfect and not afraid to say so. We recognise we have problems which need solving and a long way to go on our journey of continuous improvement.
You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions. You like to pick the right tool for the task at hand. You believe software development involves a lot more than just writing code. You aim to understand how your code runs in production. You see it as your remit to really understand our domain so we can all deliver as much value to the business as possible. To you, quality (both internal and external) really matters. These are things we really care about.
The Development Team
We’re strong advocates of Test Driven Development, and we want you to be too. We think that it represents such a different mindset that we would only consider you for a senior position if you have significant working experience with TDD. If you do, great! We want to know more. How do you do TDD? How have you used TDD on a recent project? What problems have you faced? The more the better!
We value outcomes over output. We follow Lean principles, building services based on measured impact rather than long lists of features. We use techniques such as Impact Mapping and User Story Mapping to ensure we deliver value at each step of the development process.
Technology you'll get to use
Our production systems run in a multi-cloud environment using various languages, primarily C#, Python and Node.js. We have a distributed data architecture with Apache Kafka at the heart. We are moving towards Linux and a cloud-native style architecture using technologies such as AWS Fargate and cloud functions. We’d be interested in you if you’re from any background as long as you have a keen understanding of good development practices. We have a strong DevOps culture and like to use externally managed services to allow us to focus on what makes our products great. We expect you to be proficient in more than one technology stack. Here are some technologies we currently use:
- C#, Python, Node.js
- HTTP & REST
- Message Queues (RabbitMQ & Kafka)
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL & SQL Server)
- Object Storage (S3 & GCS)
- Infrastructure as code - Docker, AWS CloudFormation, Chef
- Linux, Windows
- Search (Solr)
- NGINX, HAProxy & Varnish
- 25 days holiday (increasing by one day each January, up to a maximum of 30 days)
- Bonus birthday day off
- Pension Scheme - matched contributions up to 3%
- Healthshield cash back scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Up to 3 days paid each year to do volunteer/charity work
- Regular knowledge sharing talks and socials
This is a 12 month Fixed Term contract with the aim to go permanent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.